- Step 1 : Peel the Squash and cut it into pieces.
- Step 2 : Cook the Squash in boiling water for about 20 minutes.
- Step 3 : Mix the Eggs with 30 grams of Sugar.
- Step 4 : Mix the Salt with the Water and add to the mixture.
- Step 5 : Gradually add the Flour and mix until the mixture is homogeneous. Then add the Port wine and mix again.
- Step 6 : When the Squash is well cooked, drain it and put it through a food mill (or an immersion blender). Add the purée obtained to the preparation and mix vigorously. If it's too liquid, you can add flour.
- Step 7 : Heat the Frying oil in a frying pan, then pour the dough in small amounts to form small circles.
- Step 8 : Fry on both sides, then place on paper towels.
- Step 9 : Mix remaining Sugar with Cinnamon powder. Place the filhoses in this mixture to cover them well.
- To be enjoyed hot or cold according to your preference!
Handmade kitchen utensils and knives
Bring a touch of authenticity to your kitchen, with our selection of handcrafted products made in Portugal. These durable and quality utensils will accompany you in all your recipes. Enjoy cooking with our traditional Portuguese knives, enhance your table with a beautiful olive oil dispenser and keep your countertop clean with our ceramic spoon rest.