- Step 1 : Wash the quinces carefully and cut them into pieces (keeping the skin), until you get 1kg of fruit.
- Step 2 : Put the quinces in a large saucepan and add the sugar. Mix and simmer over low heat.
- Step 3 : Stir regularly and cook for about 30 minutes, until the fruit is cooked through.
- Step 4 : Blend the fruit into a smooth mixture.
- Step 5 : Return to the heat for about 30 minutes, until the mixture is fairly firm. To know if the marmalade is ready, put some on a plate. Tilt the plate and if it doesn't drip, it's ready.
- Step 6 : Pour the marmalade into one or more containers. Shake the container from left to right to smooth the top of the marmalade. Let cool before eating.
- Homemade marmalade can be stored in the refrigerator. You can also freeze it.
Handmade kitchen utensils and knives
Bring a touch of authenticity to your kitchen, with our selection of handcrafted products made in Portugal. These durable and quality utensils will accompany you in all your recipes. Enjoy cooking with our traditional Portuguese knives, enhance your table with a beautiful olive oil dispenser and keep your countertop clean with our ceramic spoon rest.